Thursday, January 29, 2009

Auntie Chelsea and her new career path


Here is my first and only nephew with my Dad (and his proud Grandpa). I am the proud Aunt of my brother Brock's son Thomas Joseph Waugh. Brock is my half brother, my Dad's youngest son. I have another half brother named Brandon. Now I'm an Aunt for the first time ever! Yay!!! He's such a cutie!
Now for my other news! As of today I have decided on a new career path. Up until now I figured I would probably be a Sign Language Interpreter. For a long while now, I've felt that's not what I really wanted to do with my life. Lately I have felt like I would like to do something I have more experience with, something that was more personal to me. I have decided to go the direction of Psychology. I have dealt with mental health issues most of my life, and I feel like this career would benefit me as well as others. I would like to explore the different career options involved with psychology, but I was thinking along the lines of being a counselor to those with chemical dependency. I am very excited to start my studies in this new field. I am now really looking forward to my life ahead!

2 comments:

Liz the Poet said...

First of all, being an aunt is wonderful! You'll love it!!

Second of all, yay on your career path! I've been feeling like I want to shift gears, myself.

Isn't life exciting? Once choice, and you go in a new direction...

Grammy Staffy said...

Congrats on the darling new nephew. You will love being an aunt... and I am sure that you will be a good one.

Good luck on the new career path. That is an ambitious undertaking. I am anxious to learn more about it. Give me a call when you get time.
Love, Lura
ps. Heidi misses you and says hi