Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's a New Year!!




Well it's been since October since I've posted a blog! I think it's about time I posted another, don't you think? lol I thought I would post my main New Year's resolution. I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, because I've never seemed to keep them when I've made them in the past. But who cares, I'm going to do it this time!




#1 Resolution: Lose 50 lbs. this year!


I've lost 170 lbs so far from my highest weight of 389 lbs. When I weighed last Monday, I weighed in at 219 lbs. Last weekend when my family was over at our house, I was saying to my Uncle Kenny how I'm going to try to lose fifty pounds this year. He told me, "Don't say you'll try, say you'll do it. Whether you say you can or you can't, either way you'll be right." I've heard him say this before, but it's so true. We have to have the right thinking. So, I AM going to lose 50 pounds this year! I'm going to try and develop a new lifestyle. I'm going to try and improve myself all around. I have so many flaws that I want to improve on. I will do it!




I have some other resolutions too, but I won't list them here. I am posting a couple of pictures that were just recently taken. Thanks for coming and reading my blog!!




4 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

I am glad that you are back in blog world....YEAH!!!

I am so proud of you for loosing so much weight. I need to lose 50 pounds but I would be happy with 30. Maybe we could be diet buddies...or at least encouragers.

Thanks again to you and your mom and Nancy for loving my Heidi and taking such good care of her. She was sad for the first night she got home. I know that she was really missing all of you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Love, Lura

Grammy Staffy said...

I am so sorry to hear about Sugar Bear. I know how sad it is when a beloved pet dies. I truly believe that we will have our dear pets in heaven. I know that you are glad that she is out of her pain but I also know that you all must miss her a lot and be very sad.

I am sorry. Love, Lura

Grammy Staffy said...

Hello again,
Thanks for the nice comment you left me today. I really do appreciate it.

I know...I was sad that we don't have any pictures of Heidi over the holidays. She did go with us out to Mindy and Ernies for Christmas eve and Christmas day.... but for the week after she was at your house...so she got left out of the pictures here....but...she doen't mind...she was much happier playing with Sundance and getting lots of love from you guys.

have a good day....love, Lura

Liz the Poet said...

I'm so glad you're posting!

And can I just say how amazing you and your mom look!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!

Here's to a new year and a new lifestyle (for the both of us...)

:-)