Monday, May 18, 2009

Carnival Splendor and Canada

This past week I went on a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Splendor. I had a wonderful time!!


Here above is our wonderful head waitress Ni from Indonesia. She was the best waitress we could have asked for! She was always all smiles, as was her assistant waiter "Art."
We visited Victoria and Vancouver, BC. They were absolutely beautiful!! We got to go to the Butchart and Butterfly Gardens. This picture was actually taken in Vancouver at one of the stops on the tour.

This may look like one of the gardens we visited, but it's actually in Vancouver right near the Lion's Gate Bridge. Tulips seemed to be thriving there right now!



One cool thing they had on the ship was proffesional photography on the "Elegant Evening" nights. This is one of the pictures from that night that I bought.


My sweet roommate Bonnie and I had a great time going around the ship and taking pictures.




As you can see we had a lot of fun taking pictures at various areas on the massive ship! We took so many pictures, there's not nearly enough time to post them all.





Thanks to my sweet friend Lura I had this opportunity to take this fun vacation....thanks Lura!!!!!!!







Here was our first day on board. We actually hadn't even left Long Beach yet, but we were ready for some photo ops!! It was a great time! Maybe I'll have to do an additional post and put some more stories and pictures up. :)






2 comments:

Liz the Poet said...

I'm SO glad you had a fab time!

Beautiful!

I'd be happy to see more pictures...{hint hint}... ;-)

Grammy Staffy said...

Wasn't it a great trip. I enjoyed every minute of it. It was so fun sharing it with you, Bonnie and the others. I think that we were all blessed to get to have such a wonderful cruise at such a low price.

I was especially blessed to be able to leave home and know my Heidi girl was being loved and well cared for. By the way, she misses you. She is still looking sad and wants to jump in the car every time I let her out in the front yard. hummm.... I think she likes it at your house better!

Post more pictures. I can't wait to see them. You are so photogenic.
(((hugs)))Lura